Explore the way swamps influence our way of life
A harmonious balance has been created between the swamp eco-system, wildlife, and locals who call the River Parishes home.
Cajuns and Native Americans have respected and protected these lands for centuries, and they have continued to remain a cornerstone of our culture. Out here you will see alligators sunbathing and egrets perched on logs as you kayak or canoe Manchac Swamp.
Guided swamp tours are led by ambassadors of our land and the lakes and marshes provide you with a fully immersive and eco-educational experience.
Seeking more adventure? Book a bowfishing trip or check out the Louisiana Wildlife & Fisheries website for hunting and fishing seasons and gator hunting guidelines.
Types of Swamp Tours
For an exhilarating, fast-paced swamp adventure, book a tour on an airboat where you will see the natural beauty our region has to offer.
Enjoy plenty of photos with family and friends as you meander through the Manchac Swamps on one of our pontoon boat tours.
Explore the ecosystems out here and truly immerse yourself in the heart of the River Parishes while hearing about the abundant wildlife on a guided kayak tour.
- 2 DA Swamp Bayou Tours & Museum: 4298 US Highway 90, Des Allemands, LA 70030 – 504-473-6012, website
- Airboat Tours by Arthur Matherne: 4262 US Highway 90, Des Allemands, LA 70032 – 504-810-4756, website
- Cajun Pride Swamp Tours: 5110 Frenier Rd., LaPlace, LA 70069 – 504-467-0758, website
- Manchac Greenway
- New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tours: 504-571-9775, website
- Ragin Cajun Air Boat: 10090 US-90, Luling, LA 70070. website
- Swamp Adventures: 1265 Highway 3127, Luling, LA 70070 – 985-359-2000, website
- Wild Louisiana Tours: 105 Gary Road, LaPlace, LA 70068 – 985-205-1527, website
Discover Exciting Ways to Explore
Make planning your next vacation to Louisiana's River Parishes easy. Use one of our trip itineraries to get started.
Explore the 10 historic estates in the River Parishes of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in their past.
Create memories learning the folklore of our swamps and viewing gators in their natural habitat.
Andouille was created here, so get out and try the local smokehouses that each have their own version of the "best".
The region out here is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts to explore and find adventure.
Famous for catfish, Lac Des Allemands is a haven for outdoor sportsmen.
Enjoyed around the world, Perique can only be grown and processed out here.
Cajun and Creole cuisine are as necessary to our culture as the people who make it.
Tour buses, shuttles and local airports are all transportation options for the River Parishes.
Louisiana's River Parishes offers a wide range of lodging options from rustic and quaint to upscale and luxurious.